This course will provide the knowledge and skills required to quickly set up databases, enter collected data and perform a variety of standard statistical analyses, whilst building on the knowledge of database construction and analysis they may already have. EpiData is a Windows based public domain software package which provides tools for database design, validation and data entry. EpiData Analysis is a Windows based data analysis package. Both are released by the EpiData Association and are available to download free of charge.
Who will benefit?
Cancún The course is aimed particularly at public health professionals who would like to acquire knowledge and understanding of the EpiData packages. No prior knowledge is needed.
order prednisone for pets
Lyrica tablets buy online To provide participants with a solid introduction to EpiData Entry and EpiData Analysis. After completing the course, participants should be able to use EpiData Entry to create a data entry system based on the questionnaire, to construct a database therefore and protect the database from certain input errors by writing a check program, use some of the EpiData Entry features in the Tools and Document menus and able to import and export data. They should also be able to use EpiData Analysis to carry out basic statistical analysis of data collected in an outbreak, obtain descriptive statistics, produce graphs and perform some data management tasks. Unlike more statistical analysis packages like Stata, SPSS and SAS, EpiData Analysis does not perform logistical regression.
- Introduction to EpiData Entry and EpiData Analysis
- Setting a data entry system for a questionnaire
- Minimising transcription and other errors during data entry
- Entering data
- Searching a database, updating REC file when errors are found and deleting records
- Amending the data entry system after data has been entered
- Finding errors using VALIDATE programs
- Handling long questionnaire
- Descriptive statistics
- Inferential statistics for continuous data
- Multivariate inferential statistics for binary data; stratification
Please read the Booking Terms and Conditions before you book your course. By making a booking you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the booking terms and conditions.